Feel free to talk me off the ledge

Just picked up my new Rogue RP-1 from a dealer. That coupled with my Rogue Atlas, then to my Klipsch Heresy IV's with an SVS PB2000 pro has me over the moon right now. But funny thing happened at the dealer.. I couldn't help myself, I listened to some other speakers. I'm an idiot, a glutton, a fool. As you can imagine I'm now about a third the way down the rabbit hole. 

At the dealer I was enchanted by a pair of Golden ear BRX monitors, they were so sweet, airy and open. Can't stop thinking about them.

Now I'm looking at:

Paradigm founder 80F

Tyler Time Keepers

The Golden Ear BRX

Vandersteen's among others..

Am I nuts? should I join a support group (other than the other one I'm already in) ?

Feedback always appreciated 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433

I prefer Heresy IIIs...sold off a pair of new IVs last year after plenty of listening. Also sent back a pair of ZU Omens so ya never know until the speakers are in your system in your room.

You owe it to yourself to audition a pair of Volti Audio Razz speakers. Greg Roberts builds an exquisite line of horn speakers. I am transitioning myself from a pair of Cornwall IV’s to the Volti Rival speakers.

Enjoy the Misic!

For me, the speakers are the heart of the system. They are what produces the actual sound that your ears hear. They need to be right and a fair amount of time should be spent choosing. When I got my first pair of speakers I drove all over the NY tri-state area listening to speakers. It took me months to decide. I ultimately ended up with a pair of Vandersteen 2CE. This was obviously many years ago. I've since upgraded in the Vandersteen line and couldn't be happier but setting up vandys take a fair bit of work and time. If your room is flexible and you have the ability to move speakers a lot before deciding on a placement then they could be an option for you but if your room is such that the speakers need to be in a certain  place then they're probably night the right choice. 

I will also say that they do pair well with Rogue electronics as that's what I have always had and continue to have. Not sure where you live but you can make driving around and listening to speakers a hobby for a while. Definitely do that before you make what will be a defining component of your HiFi.

The rabbit hole goes much deeper...

Have your dealer show a pair of Goldenear Triton 1.r's. 😜 That did it for me!

Agree w/ 1piece! I recently bought the Volti Audio Rivals -outstanding! They sound so alive, clear, detailed dynamic without any harshness. Between them & my new Innuos Zenith streamer, I have had many late nights!!! I recommend anyone in the market for new speakers between $6 - $20K should try to listen to the Volti Razz or Rivals. Great sound for the $!