McIntosh -- good for show, not for sound, says dealer

More unvarnished truth from YouTube.
"real audiophiles...know it doesn't sound that good"

https://youtu.be/sMUQqAagKm0?t=181

Real audiophiles -- be aware. You've been read the Riot Act. 

Discuss.

128x128hilde45

🏅

mikepowellaudio
ສະບາຍດີ, ຂ້ອຍຄິດວ່າເຈົ້າກໍ່ເປັນຄົນດີຄືກັນ 

IF I were in the US I would buy equipment from you, because you tell it like it is and are not full of bs.

I love the guys trashing McIntosh who emphatically claim “it’s not as good as <insert brand they own here>” like it’s a statement of fact.  Taste is a very personal thing - we’re all entitled to our opinions, but that’s all it is…an opinion.

Mike Powell posts to me:

OP, why dont you join me in a Zoom chat we record to discuss what you think you know ... ?? Ill post in on YT ..... Ill be polite and you can ask me questions and get answers because you are currently assuming a lot as if you know what you are talking about.

Your promise to be polite but in your invitation is already a veiled insult ("what you think you know"). No, you’ve already proved your ability to be abusive. You can make another video -- calling this "the yellow" site and calling folks here "hens" etc. No, your invitation to name-call and abuse on Zoom is politely declined.

And what do I "know"? I have not claimed to know anything -- I have posted your video, your comments, verbatim. As you can see on this thread, many took offense to what you said -- again, your words, taken verbatim. Those not recalling can look on 02-15-2022 at 06:13am. It's not the only point where I rehearse what you said, but it will do. People who wish to could also re-watch your video. They can judge for themselves.

I’m done with you, dude. You tried to stir the pot in the guise of truth-teller, you pissed a lot of people off, and now rather than say something simple like, "I overstated things" you’re making more videos and doubling down. I don’t think you’re a bad guy, but you’re not owning up to your hyperbole on your video and your trash-talking, here. This is why I suggested that friends help you with an intervention. It’s not because you’re all that messed up -- you clearly know a lot and you have a passion for audio -- but an intervention is appropriate because you are refusing to see what to most everyone else is obvious.

I will not reply to further comments from you. People can agree with my summary of the situation or not, but the matter to me is plain -- you will not address what you said, and prefer to attack rather than offer up a crumb of contrition. Goodbye.

and I thought the demise of Jerry Springer would leave a void that could never be filled…..

hilde45, I applaud your approach and clarity.

bigtex22, So well said. How do we define "good" or "better" when it's a matter of taste?