Audiolab CDT 6000 Owners: Share the Love + Need help with time settings for Pause

I picked one up slightly used ~ 100 hours but now have ~ 50 more, including many  hours with burn in discs. I am truly amazed at the value this transport represents. I have tried several times to set the pause clock, as per the manual; holding for 3 seconds then pushing the same button (#1) but the 20M doesn't hold. Help! 

Here's a fantastic review that is a must read.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=audiolab+6000cdt+dedicated+cd+transport+review

tweak1

I just got one 2 months ago, not sure I understand what you mean by “pause clock?”  Kind of hate how it always goes into stand by.  Minor inconvenience, it’s a very solid transport.

It's the main weak point of this otherwise excellent transport. According to the manual you can select the amount of pause time between 2 settings. Figuring out how to do that is not clear, but you press the button on the player repeatedly until you get the pause time you want, or Standby, or Never. However, once the time expires, it goes to Standby, where I would think it would simply start playing at the point it was paused. You can also select NEVER

Ok, I did something tonight and I think I reset the Standby feature to “Never”?

Push Standyby on the remote for 3 seconds until it says VER-044, then press it again and it will say 20 min, press again it says 1 Hr, press it a 3rd time and it will say “NEVER”

Beware once you get it to say never, now I can’t seem to un-reset it.  I just did this 5 minutes ago, so shortly I’ll see if I was successful in resetting the Standby feature.