Reliability of Dutch & Dutch 8C speakers

Kal Rubinson gives a rave review of these speaker in Stereophile, but Darko, while agreeing that they sound great, seems to concentrate on the several failed units that were provided for review.  Anyone have experience with these speakers?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd

Is there any possible need for an external DAC (audiophile grade)?  Any need for a sub?

It seems too good to be true:  I can get rid of my amp, DAC, big speakers, cables and sub and get these active speakers and along with a good streamer listen to Tidal/Roon with as good or better sound and pocket money from my gear sale? Is that right?

Post removed 

You don't need the streamer to use Roon, the Dutch and Dutch are now Roon certified.

can get rid of my amp, DAC, big speakers, cables and sub and get these active speakers and along with a good streamer listen to Tidal/Roon with as good or better sound and pocket money from my gear sale? Is that right?

Yes, depends on your room size and SPL requirements. You can use subwoofers with them if you need more SPL in low bass.

Another option which would play louder but you would need a streamer, doesn't need a DAC, are Genelec 8361a monitors