Audio nonsense

In this wonderful world of audio that we journey through folks selling stuff have sometimes been inventive in what they claim. In your trip down this road what sticks out as the most ludicrous thing you’ve seen someone try to sell? 

I can point to 2 things. When I first saw a Tice clock in a store I thought it was a gag. Next- Peter Belt. 

128x128zavato

I never speak of anyone.... If the hat fit keep it....Objectivist like you or subjectivist like the one you attack without rest it seems, are for me pure complete lunatics disctinction....

Or read Helmholtz genius understanding of room acoustic BASIC tuning....

And forget about blind test by the way if you want to tune your room...

Simplistic mind like binary disctinctions....

I guess I’ll remain deluded and an idiot. I can live with that.

I guess most people are STILL.... missing the point :-)

Nobody is criticizing the sound you listen to and like. It may be full of distortion, artifacts or perfect. If you LIKE listening to it, good for you. Nobody cares. Love of sound is subjective.

What is untrue however is when people claim that these snake oil products make a DIFFERENCE in the SAME product that they listen to. Like fuses and ethernet wires or cable lifters. If you had a compliant Ethernet wire to begin with, there will be NO difference in what you hear, nada, zero, zilch.

Someone before gave an example of a capacitor change in a crossover. That WILL make a difference. Because capacitors are NOT snake oil products.  We are talking about snake oil products ONLY.

Please go back and read the posts... CAREFULLY.

Thank you all :-)

In my experience everything, every added materials make a difference...

Sometimes positive sometimes not... Sometimes the positive difference was an illusion for sure...

But the only way in audio is embeddings mechanical, electrical and acoustical controls...

Upgrade by gear or tweaks or blind tests are for ignorant or very rich people with money speaking...

I dont need money, my brain is enough to read acoustic articles...

You dont tune a room with Tweaks or blind tests....

Patrick in Sweden does a great service for audiophiles . always liked his approach.

He has Many bashers.