Audio nonsense

In this wonderful world of audio that we journey through folks selling stuff have sometimes been inventive in what they claim. In your trip down this road what sticks out as the most ludicrous thing you’ve seen someone try to sell? 

I can point to 2 things. When I first saw a Tice clock in a store I thought it was a gag. Next- Peter Belt. 

128x128zavato

The next big wave in upgrades for us audiophiles? 

Hint: what transmits sound from speaker to ear?

after several cases of beer and lengthy discussions with myself, I’ve hit on the perfect air blend that will transmit sound wave with far less distortion than regular air molecules. SonicAir! In fact I have a solid upgrade path from Haze Free to Khrystal Kleer.

Only $1000.00 buys 1 cubic foot of compressed Haze Free, enough SonicAir to treat your entire house forever. 

@djones51 

Jumping off a building and hitting the ground is more akin to putting a battery into a flashlight and turning it on than the intricacies of reproduced sound. 

An audio system in its complete form is a bit more complex than a flashlight.

But you keep on thinking you know all you need to know. A closed mind is a thing behold. It is your right to stay sheltered from creative experiences and expanding your foundation of knowledge. 

@perkri 

If so basic why don't all speaker cable makers indicate it as such and market accordingly? I am placing my coin in moderate cables bereft of over fluffing. Not against high dollar cables but a modest system is not going to benefit. Clutching at straws. Plus no way to argue against the "I heard it and a lot of others did too" argument. Same as arguing against another's faith. Fruitless endeavor. I believe in the eight legged spaghetti monster so there. 

Argument from ignorance is a logical fallacy. The point isn't we don't know everything so we know nothing. A closed mind is a thing to behold what's even more wondrous to behold is a mind so open all of one's brains fall out. Is isn't necessary we understand everything about electricity to build sound reproduction gear.