New Dynaudio Heritage Special..?..!

Does anyone know anything about these speakers?
just launched last week.
only 2500 made. $7000 or so in US.
Looks like an old Contour, but has all the components of the Confidence.
sounds like the ultimate monitor.

I have Special 40s and now am envious..😉

anyone hear anything?

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/heritage/heritage-special

ianrmack

Getting to this thread late. That somebody can compare these Heritage specials to the Confidence 3's is both great to hear and high praise! Having started with Contour 1.8's, then 2.8's - which had the Confidence Esotar tweeter - the sonic value of their upscale tweeter was so obvious. I picked up a pair of Confidence 3's and, ohmystarsandgarters!, the relaxed precision, imaging, detail and tonal density was gobsmacking. Loading them up with a lot of juice - current and power - using a Plinius SA201 let them sing at any volume. Never would have sold them except that a financial downturn made it necessary.

I've been rebuilding and swimming in the warm sea of tube powered more efficient speakers with Leben/Devore and now Tannoy, but have such inviting musical journey memories with the Danes that I'm now tempted back! I still have the stands I made for the Confidence 3's! Finding a good pair of them is challenging, but these Heritage are calling me!

The CODA amps have the current and pedigree - my memory of the Plinius and Threshold house sounds being familiar. I'm plotting a course to the Dynaudio's using Simaudio ( maybe a W5.3?) and Supratek (soft spot for octals/6sn7's especially).

Does anyone here have any experience pairing Dynaudio with Simaudio?

@budburma It's been years ago, but prior to turning into a Harbeth lemming, I had Dynaudio C4's and tried Simaudio W6 mono blocks, thinking it would be a synergistic pairing.  I found the W6's to be a big disappointment and sold them within a week of buying them.   The best SS amp I used with Dyn's was a Plinius SA-102, heavily biased in class A.

@pdreher Hi there! We've touched base in the past over Plinius (among other things). Thanks for sharing that experience with Simaudio. FWIW, A class AB Plinius SA-201 powered my Contour 2.8's and Confidence 3's and sounded amazing - I had a series of tube pres, but ended up with a Klyne 7 series with phono. Full on class A was too hot to handle, so the other SA series amps couldn't live here. Plinius and Dynaudio are definitely a stellar pairing

@tom6897 hope all is well on your side!  I have been listening to the CODA with the Heritage Specials.  The comb is pretty stellar.  I find that there is a ton of bass and I'm having to play with the positioning of the HS relative to the back wall to properly dial in things.  But there is certainly enough power in the CODA integrated to play whatever you want in this pairing, and the HS provides an impressively wide soundstage.

Glad this came up again.  I purchased the Heritage Specials and love them. I had the original Totem 1 for 20 years and these are the Totem 1’s times 10. Dynaudio hit it out of the park.  These are an absolute bargain.  Furthermore, I’m over listening to all the talk about needing enough power to drive these speakers.  Mine are just fine being driven by an ARC VSi75.  Mine came with Dynaudio stand 20.  If you don’t have a mansion sized room,  these are incredible.