Audio nonsense

In this wonderful world of audio that we journey through folks selling stuff have sometimes been inventive in what they claim. In your trip down this road what sticks out as the most ludicrous thing you’ve seen someone try to sell? 

I can point to 2 things. When I first saw a Tice clock in a store I thought it was a gag. Next- Peter Belt. 

128x128zavato

Any improvement these things may have would be so small they would not even be audible to the human ears..

Total contact is or I should say was highly effective in my system. One of the most effective tweaks I've tried in my system. For the money $300 best bang for your buck tweak by a long margin in my experience.

Everything I have ever tried has made a difference of some sort.

Whether or not I cared for the difference is a different story.

I recently pulled a Furutech NCF Clear Line conditioner out of my main system.

They have a good reputation (as a brand name), and undoubtedly it "works", I think I just prefer the sound of my system without it.

Before I come on here and start bashing a product, or a brand name, or start slinging the term "snake oil" around, I at least owe it to myself to try it. I don’t have to understand how or why it works, I just need to try it and see if it works for me.

Isn’t that what being an audiophile is about?

did you try it exclusively with ultra low current draw devices like CD players and preamps at any stage?

Shunyata are known to put varistors in their circuitry (not sure about yours) to provide overvoltage surge protection. I personally do not like what they do to the sound (screw up dynamics) and remove them whenever present.

Oh good, another thread complaining about items that can't possibly work described by those who have never tried them. Happens over and over again, boring ...”

How true! Most of these same people either don’t have an audio system that can benefit using better products (cables for example), don’t have the money or refuse to spend money on better equipment, or can’t hear. There are a few sites that throw out the term “snake oil” on cables that cost over $50 but these same people don’t use the $1 cables that come with their equipment, they use a $25-$50 cable instead. So if these audiophools can hear a difference between the $1 cable and their exotic $25 cable, why do they think technology stops at $25? Or at $50? Makes no sense