Bought powerful/expensive Amp+Speakers but plan to use an old preamp , am I crazy?

Please hear me out.

I got back into the hi-fi game after a hiatus and chanced upon some gear I have always wanted, for a great price, so I jumped on it... which resulted in no budget left for a pre-amp!

Purchased gear, yet to arrive:
Amp: McIntosh MC-452
Speakers: Paradigm Persona 3F

Sources that I already own:
Analog: Linn Sondek LP12
Digital : Oppo UDP203 / Bluenode 2i

I have an old NAD-1155 Pre-Amp lying around that i simply love!! It has one of the best phono stages I have come across among all the pre-amps I’ve owned. So I’m hoping I can use the NAD as an interim arrangement, before I can save up for a better pre-amp.

My question is rather simplistic, would the NAD cause any problems when paired with the Big MAC, in terms of compatibility and/or sonic abilities?

Besides it being a dirt cheap component (relatively speaking), nothing tells me it can’t be used, but I need someone to chime in and tell me I’m not being too naive or optimistic!

Edit: Link to the Preamp - https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/1155.shtml

bugsnest

If you are using a MC cartridge (you didn't mention what you have), a good quality external phono stage would be a big improvement. 

If you doubt the NAD's capability, wait until you have the requisite funds and order an "upgrade" that is returnable. If you can hear a difference go with your preference.  If you chose the NAD and upgradetitis continues to bug you; rinse and repeat.

Just came back to this discussion after many days, nice to see this reassurance! :)

@harrylavo and @grossman616  - that's exactly my thought process!

@fatdaddy2 - 😁

@sokogear - the NAD has a great MM and MC phono stage (adjustable for low and high capacitance cards). That's what I love about it.

@holmz - I wasn't specifically responding to anything you said or didn't say, not sure what offended you .. 

@limomangus - are we still talking hi-fi or did you move on to other topics of interest?? 🤣

@mulveling and @tunehead - that;s how I see it. Not going to spend big to get a "complete" system but over time I can see myself doing that. I can see that the NAD is not in the league of the other systems in my chain so its an interim step in the final picture :)