Snell Type A III vs. Klipsch Cornwall IV

Have had Snell Type As in various incarnations for years. Had a period in the 2000’s where I had Sonus Faber Amatis. Then went back to Snells. Thinking I would like to experiment with horns. Does anyone have an opinion on the merits of switching from the Snells to the Klipsches? I like a full, musical sound as opposed to an airy, thin or analytical sound.

znak_m

Thank youfor your response.  My room is large, has little echo, but is not treated. Not looking to increase brightness. Want a bit fuller sound, with special clarity on vocals and bigger impact (on rock, although I listen to all kinds of music). Want vocals completely separated from instruments and little congestion when numerous instrumental lines are going simultaneously.

I use 225 w/ch mono block tube amps which are switchable to 125w/ch triode mode, as opposed to ultra Indra. 

I can’t speak to the Snells. But the Cornwall IV is anything but analytical. It is a full sounding speaker with excellent tone. Nothing thin about them.

Oz

Really have not questioned the Snells for a long time. Have sounded good (and everything I could ask) with CDs. Recently, got turntable set up again (Oracle with ET2 arm and DynavectorXX-2), after having it off for 6 months or so. So, it may be a front end issue.

Analog sounds great on this system with acoustic music, industrial (techno, noise, experimental) and most jazz. Falls short with rock.