Dunlavy SC IV Speaker- Any Good???

Anyone own these ?

I realize the company is now Defunct

and was Colorado based. 

At 200 lbs each and 6 feet tall they

will not be missed in a room.

But they actually weigh the same as 

my last speakers but with only one third  the footprint.

Okay the little woman may see it as a lateral

move but...

chorus

@chorus 

Agreed with @jg2077, Dunlavys are easy to drive and relatively sensitive, so they'll sound good with 30W on up.

My III.As are driven by Rogue M-150s, and it's a great combination.  I sold my Aragon 4004 Mk II and moved to the Rogues to enjoy the midrange lushness, as the Dunlavys don't need help revealing the upper registers.

My first audition of the IVs (non-As) was with an Exposure integrated, in fact.  I don't think the output power was much higher than the low teens in watts.  So even at those low power levels (AB bias, even) - that was the configuration that hooked me into seeking the setup I have now.  I'd expect Class A (like jg2077's setup) would sound sublime.

I had the audition today. The owner powers things with a sony receiver.

Has a couch in front of the woofer on one side. Not a satisfying experience.

Also wants about $800 over the comps and lost parts for the plinths.

Obviously, owner isn't willing to work to sell these - and is still charging a premium?  I would have let him know what you thought was a fair price (minus the lost parts), and see if he would do a better job of allowing you to audition.

He tried the old "I am pretty firm on my price as two others are coming 

later to audition". 

I would have had to be wowed to buy these and that did not happen.

Moving on in a new direction.

Thats too bad because they can wow you and then some, if powered properly.  A Sony received?  What did you think they’d sound like.  Thats hilarious.  I heard 7 of them setup with 3 subs and it was wicked.  Best home theater I have ever heard.  I missed a pair about 2 years ago for $850….