Anyone have a Luxman headphone amp?

How do you like it? What were you using before it? I have some Focal Stellia's and a 1/4" Black Dragon cable I am going to stick with. Currently using two very nice vintage pre amps and wanted to see if the sound would be any better off a dedicated headphone amp.

audiomark1234

@soix  I loved my Arya and I had the FIRST edition.

I found the 1000se to be much more resolving, with more detail and separation of instruments than the Arya 1.  

If I had to live with the 1000 SE I would be very happy but as you mentioned, I got the upgrade itch and decided to take the plunge on the almighty Susvara. Lol.

@devilboy Congrats on the Susvaras!  I’d be very interested in your thoughts on them versus the 1000se.  I read a review, I think at Soundnews.net, that said the 1000se captured a lot of the Susvara’s performance, but obviously there are serious variables like amp power that make the comparo a little tough. 

@soix The Luxman will probably make the Susvara sounds lovely.

It will probably give me 90-95% of what the Susvara is capable of but I didn’t get the Susvara to hear only 95% of its capability.

I think I’m going to look into getting a Benchmark AHB2 and selling the Luxman... Which will break my heart cuz it’s an amazing amplifier.

Yeah, that’s no doubt a different sound profile.  Maybe u can find something closer to the Luxman?  I feel ur pain man.