McIntosh -- good for show, not for sound, says dealer

More unvarnished truth from YouTube.
"real audiophiles...know it doesn't sound that good"

https://youtu.be/sMUQqAagKm0?t=181

Real audiophiles -- be aware. You've been read the Riot Act. 

Discuss.

128x128hilde45

@rimo

thank you for your post... useful historical perspective, reminders about respect, enjoyment, how short life is, real music, the power of positivity

@ rimo

Way back in 2002 I purchased an MR-71 FM tube tuner from Audio Classics that was performance certified by you. It continues to work flawlessly to this day and is easily one of the most satisfying audio-related purchases I have ever made.

Thank you for your brilliant contributions to modern FM tuner performance.   

I recently purchased an Audio by Van Alstine VISION SET 400 AMPLIFIER for two grand that sounds better than the two solid-state Mac's I've owned previously. Two thousand dollars is a fraction of the cost of these Mac's. Yes, it's a utilitarian black box, no meters and doesn't need a hand truck to bring into your sound room, but it sounds more like music to my ears for a fraction of the price.

Now, on the other side, I have a  MAC MC-275 IV that is magical in the way tube amps can be. I wouldn't part with it unless I was being held hostage at gunpoint, and to be honest I might not let it go and take the bullet. Now of course that's blatant bullshit, however I might die for Angie Harman, but I digress.  It gets to the point of how good a MAC 275 sounds but not their solid state for lots of money.

jjss49, as English is my second language, I am curious to see how you would spell in Lao. Thai, French and German, in all of which I am completely fluent. Do you even speak another language?