Neil Young calls out Tidal

TIDAL is calling their files of my songs Masters. But TIDAL’s MQA files are not my masters. I make my masters - not TIDAL. I made my masters the way I wanted them to sound. If TIDAL referred to their titles as TIDAL MASTERS, I would have no problem, but they don’t. They call them Masters. I had my music removed from that platform. They are not my masters.”.

https://www.realhd-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/210118_NYA.jpg

128x128fuzztone

A fairly undignified testament of one’s faith to accuse anyone who confronts it with facts to be paranoid.

noske

"A fairly undignified testament of one’s faith to accuse anyone who confronts it with facts to be paranoid."

A concise, accurate, reasoned and restrained, objective, and thoughtful explanation of such an ignorant, uninformed, and poorly considered observation by cleeds, as observation I offer without making opinion as to the actual accuracy of his comment taken by itself, which may have merit even if the supporting argument does not withstand scrutiny on its own merit. 

Neil is very passionate about preserving his music the way he intended it to be. It’s 50 plus years of work they are trifling with and I don’t blame him one bit. The PONO player he had invented failed and the way he brought it about was to take Steve Jobs of Apple for a ride in his old car to hear it. Jobs was impressed and was all in, then he died. Neil then tried the go fund me route or some other fundraising platform and there wasn’t enough interest. I was looking forward to being able to take PONO with me on my motorcycle journeys.

I am a big Neil fan as well, but the SQ had nothing to do with his request to have his music removed from Spotify. He wanted Joe Rogan's misinformation about vaccinations removed, and apparently it has been done, but Neil is gone from there anyway and like he say "once you're gone, you can't come back, when you're out of the blue and into the black".

From my understanding, Pono failed because the SQ was too good (files were too large) so the big boys never agreed to carry the files,