my impression with the Auralic Altair G1

Last yr. I decided to try streaming. Read a lot and finally decided to buy a Bluesound  Node 2I. Cost wise, is a great starter unit. I was surprised by its quality. However streaming Qobuz, there was not much difference from my Marantz cd player. It's fills you at first, but then it's shallow for my taste. There is a limit on how open the SQ will get. I wanted something closer to vinyl. I looked into many external DACs like the Denafrits, Border Patrol and Gustard. I called my trusted Stereo store  Audio Conection, I talked to John Ruttan and was referred to buying the Auralic. Altair G1. He sells all of my stereo components and that was a significant factor in my decision. The Altair was beyond my budget limit (how many times we have been there b/c of the itch!). I have to say that it is a marvelous unit. Just one song revealed a superb SQ, better soundstage, instrument separation. Heard stuff I have not heard before even on vinyl. I strongly recommend the Auralic line of streamers. I will continue to listen to my Linn LP12 bc I love vinyl, but steraming is becoming my primary way to enjoy music. I'm very happy with it and strongly recommend. The only issue is that you need an Apple tablet / phone to enjoy the control app, although I heard they are working on Android. Also, a good router is preferred. The rest of my system consist of Belles Virtuoso amp, Audio Illusion pre and Vandys 2CE Sig.

128x128lobinero