McIntosh -- good for show, not for sound, says dealer

More unvarnished truth from YouTube.
"real audiophiles...know it doesn't sound that good"

https://youtu.be/sMUQqAagKm0?t=181

Real audiophiles -- be aware. You've been read the Riot Act. 

Discuss.

128x128hilde45

@laoman

Why the PM to me directly instead of just asking in front of everyone in the thread? It is elitist BS to insult others because of what they prefer. This thread isn’t about bashing McIntosh gear. It’s about bashing people that own McIntosh gear.

Not good for show.  They are ugly.  Pointless gothic script.  They are worse than ugly.

@stephens770

Ok OP, no disrespect but that was a very ignorant post. None of my 8 pieces of Mc gear did I buy for looks. Nor am I stuck in any way in my decisions. Are you saying that you know for a fact that his Rolland 625’s sound better in my system than my Mc 901’s. You don’t. This hobby is experiencing a renaissance of new growth and people like you are a detriment to this hobby and it potential based on your last post. Generic blanket statements of ignorance. That is the issue with these bash threads and why I chose to speak up. AG should realize their opportunity for growth is hindered by members like yourself.

"People like you." Well, thanks a lot. But you’re confusing what I’m asserting with what I take the video to be asserting. You’re "shooting the messenger." Such misreadings hinder the discussion. Re-think it.

@femoore12

Those of you in this forum that post this elitist BS only do it because you know it "stirs the pot" in this forum.

I assume you’d agree that there is a difference between pointing out what is being said with agreeing or endorsing what is being said. You can see from the OP that I’m not endorsing. It’s being said in the video, it’s fatuous and hobby-damaging nonsense, and I’ve called it out. Others here (like @jjss49 ​​​​​@oldhvymec and all the other Mc owners) have provided the disproof. It’s called a thorough debunking and in my opinion, it’s better to debunk BS than pretend it doesn’t exist. At this point, I’d consider the video debunked.

Not good for show.  They are ugly.  Pointless gothic script.  They are worse than ugly.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I can say this from experience, you have to experience ugly, gothic and then WORSE than ugly, to know what it is.

Me if it's that UGLY, I didn't go around it to begin with.

Mac is the finest gear on the planet, you have the right to be wrong, I will give you that.. But I'll recommend a little bigger spoon, Mac guys have heard it all from the jealous and of course uninformed.. 

I'm looking at a pair of brand new 24K gold studded cases for MC60s. Rare as hens teeth. Any body want to one up that? From a classy group in Canada that keeps the flames fanned with top notch repair parts.. They actually have a jewelers polish rating.

It's not lonely owning Mac as you can see.

No I don't have any Mac paraphernalia other than a Bulldog from a MACK Tractor..

Image 1 - Vtg Mack Truck Chrome Bulldog Hood Ornament Pat #87931 With Base Mount Pre 1979

Regards

Why would anybody listen to this guy?  Physically disgusting and doesn't know what he's talking about.