starting equiment that ic cold from being shipped

Is it a real thing that you court problems if you turn on an ice cold amplifier or pre-amp without waiting 24 hours for temperature to rise.  I have long awaited Krell FPB and KCT shipping tomorrow,  It's single digits in the Midwet.  Should I wait a full 24 hours for the equipment to warm inside before introducing any electricity into the components?

bossa

@Bossa

By the way modern double pane insulated windows should prevent moisture from condensing on the interior pane because the argon gas in between the panes of glass stop the cold air from hitting the interior pane. Thus no condensation. Old school single pane windows would without exception have moisture on them from condensation in the cold months. This happens even with low humidity rooms. So, to be safe I would wait on plugging in and playing any audio equipment that could potentially cause condensation. 

@barts @feldmen4 @dekay Ok, i have anywhere from 24 hours from the chemical engineer, to four days from barts.  I really don't think I need to wait longer than 24 hours but I would like to hear the logic for such a long period of waiting.  I thought i was showing restraint to wait 24 hours and keep box sealed.  :)  I'm not sure I can stand it to wait that long unless you have a strong argument for why it would take that long for amp to come to room temp or any condensation to dissipate.  Thanks to all who are giving me advice and opinions.

@bobpyle  No, the obvious didn't escape but I haven't spoken to the dealer in years and won't.  I spoke with Krell because the amp/pre-amp is long out of warranty, I paid and it's my issue.

3 days open/unwrapped just as a safety belt.

The unknown is how much moisture is trapped inside the sealed package, thus my suggestion to open it up to air for such a long period of time.

Maybe open for 24 hours, then placed in drier room that gets less heat (for as long as you can stand:)?

I just measured our wall oven and neither of your Krell's would fit.

DeKay

Hello,

I would open them up and put the components upside down if you are worried about condensation. If it does form and drip it will be at the top of the components where there are no electronics. I would leave them that way for 24 hours to be safe. Once they get acclimated to the room you can set them up and put in standby. This will slowly warm things up. After a few hours turn it on and leave it on for 24 hours to finish charging up the caps. After all that you should be good. Some of these components can take 200-500 hours. So you will definitely be drying it out. I hope this helps.