Cartridge incompatibility, Soundsmith and Luxman

I have a Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star cartridge that sound really amazing, but I just changed to a Luxman L-590AXII and the gain and loading is fixed.

Output/loading for cartridge: 0.4mV, recommended load resistance 470 ohm

Input sensitivity/impedence for the amp: 0.3mV, 100 ohm

The gain should be ok, but the load is way off and you can clearly hear it. The highs are rolled off and I need to crank up the volume to be acceptable level.

So here's the question... what cartridge would work in this setup? Would love to keep the Soundsmith, but I'm not going to add SUT with additional cables and all that complexity.

128x128audiojan

The gain should be ok, but the load is way off and you can clearly hear it. The highs are rolled off and I need to crank up the volume to be acceptable level.

@audiojan 

Are you using the 'MC' setting on the front panel of the Luxman?

but I'm not going to add SUT with additional cables and all that complexity.

It's the best option and makes your system future proof. It's not that complex and you can stash the preamp anywhere. 

Just get a Puffin and don't look back. It is adjustable to any and all carts.

@atmasphere Yes, MC setting. The load is not variable however, I think this is what's causing the issue.

@russ69 Which then means yet another piece of equipment, another set of phono cables (Cardas Clear Beyond sounds amazing, but they're not inexpensive...). Completely defeats the purpose of going with an integrated to simplify things...