Persona B + Rel to the next upgrade

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the overall dynamic and details from the Persona B and to be honest I’m pretty happy with them. The only slightly disappointment is they do not disappear well as my Dynaudio / B&W and has a lack of low end bass which my rel sub made up for.

I’m curious about Magico A3 which also use a beryllium driver and seems to have very balanced top down performance. I wonder if people here think I can have a enough overall “wow” factor going from my current setup to Magico A3 
bwang29

Bump So, I love the persona line. My dealer had the persona 7f in his main 2 channel room and I got to hear them with multiple components I never heard a speaker reflect its source more dramatically. Anthem str int had its sound the str separates made miniatures of thr performers which was freaking awesome, so much microscopic detail without sounding bright however unrealistic, Then a pathos logos mk2 and the mids bloomed, those 2x8.25 woofers are 8.25 cone size not basket. Anyhow, I know the b doesn’t have a woofer so I’ll stop there and say as well as I can The persona line need space, even a tv on a stand 3’away created a glare that wasn’t there in open space. At home tho’ even giving the speakers the best placement my components weren’t a perfect match, I don’t blame the speakers though.

The sales overlapped so I literally disconnected the 7f and connected the blades. The blades do everything bigger, but that was part of the allure of the persona’s to begin with. Listening to each speaker back to back made me appreciate each for what they do. The Blades are less likely to fall off a cliff when the components driving them aren’t ideal, some would say that makes the persona more revealing idk. Having the persona’s was like inspecting the performance while the blades are more relaxed and easer to settle into.

Steve, perfect. Nice to have an in home direct comparison.

The weekend I replaced my Paradigm Studio 100’s with used Avalon Eidolon’s, I was auditioning a dealers pair of S8’s. Not at all a cost wise fair comparison but one that allowed for a detailed system evaluation while demonstrating the unmistakable value of that extra cost.

Some years later I had a short listen to some all ARC amplified 9f’s at that same dealer. The Persona were clearly a dramatic improvement and the remaining Paradigm "inspecting" house sound was far less noticeable. All the components that failed to improve my Studio 100’s were laid bare powering the Eidolon’s. Surprisingly they performed quite pleasantly with them.

All the best

M