Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand

One of the reasons the Supratek sounds good is that it uses a tube based shunt regulator, which is pretty rare. Most manufacturers go for a much more easily easily implemented series regulator.

I have found this tends to give a very solid and assured sonic signature.

Thanks high Stream...and pesky i had yhe same feling about the Tube based shunt regulator....Can any and all of you on this Fab Thread let me know what  6SN7 you using and why...and were can i get a pair....some like High Stream gave some interesting picks....comon Brothers and let me know what. tubes you selltted

on..hows it sounded to the junk stock,,,and were can i buy a pair.....THANKS MY AUDIO BROTHERS!

@pesky_wabbit 

” One of the reasons the Supratek sounds good is that it uses a tube based shunt regulator, which is pretty rare. Most manufacturers go for a much more easily easily implemented series regulator.“

+1 

and what do you think after talking to don Sachs who uses the Shuguang 6SN7GT vacuum tube in his pre     that i bought for the Gen3 Chardonnay?...comments PLEASE & THANK YOU!!

There’s a “Reference 6SN7” thread on head-fi and a “Shootout of Nos 6sn7 tubes” here on Agon. Another with the same title on What’s Best Forum. Then there are tube dealer charts, as mentioned above.

I have several older 6SN7 and 6F8G pairs available to try out.