Atma-Sphere vs. Supratek

I placed an order last year for a Supratek Cortese LCR preamp; it will still be a few months until it will arrive at my home in Silicon Valley. Meanwhile I keep reading good things about the Atma-Sphere MP-1 and Mp-3 instruments. Can anyone voice an opinion about those two brands, both hand-made tube machines in a similar price range? I listen to all kinds of music, including opera, mostly on vinyl [Basic 2200 Signature with Vector 4 arm and Benz Micro LP-S cartridge, Sunvalley phono stage with EMIA SUT, MSB Platinum Signature CD transport and DAC, LinkwitzLab NCore6 active crossover/amplifier, and Linkwitz LX521.4 open-baffle speakers (best speakers I have ever heard)]. For preamp I am currently using Ed Shilling’s The Truth. For me a natural-sounding soprano voice is the pinnacle of well reproduced music.

128x128reimarc

I'd pick... over this mess in a minute.

@sns  Is your own room (per your system page) an arbiter for sound quality... or lack thereof, based on your above post? I think not. : )

@reimarc This is going to come down to synergy between the components and your own preferences. Try both. Your system deserves it. You deserve it. Report back. 

@david_ten Yes, my setup is complex, but the internals of each component is neat and tidy. And I didn't make negative comment as to sound quality.

An interesting choice in the use of the word "complex." Is your "complex" someone else’s "messy"? Is it possible the designer of Supratek sees his creations as you see yours: complex and purposeful vs. messy?

Absolutism in our hobby is not healthy nor helpful. The audiophile equivalent of judging a book by it’s cover gets in the way of moving our shared passion forward.

Very nice system, congratulations.  Is the Supratek single ended or balanced?

@david_ten  The poster that you are criticizing stated that given the two, from a wiring perspective only, he would choose the Atma-Sphere.  He specifically mentions he is making his choice not based on sound quality.

And his comment about messy wiring is well known, nothing new.