Denefrips Pontus "burn in" period?

Hello all

Now there's a chance I may be a little premature with this, but I've received my Pontus 8 days ago and have had it running ever since, powered up, most of the time with signal going through it, and so far I'm a little concerned. I am aware that with this particular dac it is recommended to run it roughly 10 days before it really burns in, but being only a couple of days away, I can't say the sound has changed very noticeably. Matter of fact, when I A/B with my project S2 plus dac, and even my blue sound node internal deck, I can barely tell a difference! Does burning happen gradually? Is there all of a sudden a hallelujah moment where this thing starts kicking ass? Does anybody have more experience with this particular piece of gear? Current system is rogue audio ST100 amp, rogadio RP1 preamp, upgraded tubes, blue jean cabling, upgraded power cords on power amp and preamp. I had high hopes that this dac that has received so much high praise was going to blow my meager dacs out of the water, and so far not the case at all. I must say, the thing weighs a ton and looks gorgeous, but I'm getting a little concerned at this point that I may end up disappointed. Talk me off the ledge!

128x128jin78

This is a SS DAC with R2R ladder and have separate power supplies for each channel. This should sound as good as it can ever be within 10-15 mins after warm up! If it is still not sounding good after 8 days, chances are it is not going to sound any better for the remainder no matter how long it takes.

You may want to change the input from Coax to AES EUB or vice a versa. There are two of each. Try changing the input and see if you hear any changes/improvements. Otherwise, don't get hung up on burn-in time. 

I have a Pontus with about 50 hours, streaming with the 
current Node. I'm using a DH Labs Silver Sonic Coax.
Once I get about 200 hours on the Pontus, I have a
Wireworld Super Nova Optical I can try for comparison.

This is truly an informative thread.  

@fuzztone thanks for the tip, I searched it and everything for sales coming up in British pounds...ha. know any USA dealers?

Hi,

I too have the Pontus II and went through the same thing so to speak. I upgraded from the Ares II to Pontus II. It really sounds like you are looking for validation more than anything. Rest assured you made a great choice with the Pontus so sit back and enjoy.