Musical Paradise MP-D2 MK3 DAC

Nobody seems to have this dac.  But this Dac  has attracted much attention on other forums for a base price of $999.00
1.  Audiocircle 15 pages.
2.  Canuck Audio Mart 28 pages.
3.  Head-Fi 51 pages.

soundcheck6
@jjss49 I appreciate the comparison to MHDT DACs and this is my precise position, looking toward these two entities and their products. Clearly, these two companies are building gear that surpasses such notables as the Schiit Bifrost and the Denafrips Ares, which seem to be the top contenders in the sub-$1000 SS column. So, can anything MORE be said about the comparison between the MHDT orchid, for example, and the MP-D2 MK3?

Thanks!

IMHO, after reading the 6 Moon's review of the MHDT Orchid you could easily switch names to the Musical Paradise MP-D2 MK3 as the description appears synonymous. I have not heard the Orchid but they share similar sound design elements though the MP-D2 MK3 is larger and is tube rectified and has APT-X HD for when you're feeling lazy or you just want background music while cooking/dining that can be changed from the dining table. Hope this helps.

@jackd I have the D2 Mk2 as well and I am considering getting the 701 Preamp. Do you feel like the two would be overlapping if used together on the same system or do you think it will take it to the next level in musicality? I do have the YS Audio Balanced A3 preamp now, which is also a tube preamp but I wouldn't mind trying the 701 to for it's versatility. Thanks.