KEF Blade 2

HI everyone - 

I may have a chance to audition a pair of KEF Blade 2 speakers.

Does anyone have any experience or comments about these?

I'm not really familiar with the KEF sound and currently have a pair of B&W 802D (first diamond generation)

Thanks in advance.....

onehorsepony

soix... let me guess you like JA speakers? good for you. the OP asked about kef blade 2 as a replacement to his B&W's. It's no secret b&w tweaks their speakers to sound brighter/more exciting than brands that try for flat in room response. 

Your reply might matter if he was asking about a couple speakers he didn't know about, but this gent owns the 802's and you've gotten up on your high horse and started slamming them. nice.

I’ve heard Blade2’s sound harsh and boring and engaging and sweet… they’re definitely neutral but they do require really good equipment to deliver.

Best was Luxman M900’s with 509 being a close second. It seems like the Blade2’s are a better match with slightly sweeter amplification 

The meta is channeled disc to control rear projected high frequencies. The blade achieves its goals, imo, of a flat frequency response and KEF’s unique version of point source. Besides that and their cool design, I do not think they are remarkable in any other way. Unfortunately have only heard them with Parasound.

I have heard the sopras many times and personally can’t stand them. They are dwarfed by the Utopia line, but that is just my opinion.

The kef blade are exceptional sounding, but not in your face upper mids like b&w so it would be an adjustment.