Speakers for daughter

I was going to buy powered small speakers for my daughter's first sound system to go with A Project Debut Carbon Evolution but now she seems ok to accept an integrated amplifier from me to power speakers. Thinking about the Elac UNI-FI UB 51 or ELAC Uni-FI Slim B5 U5 after researching similar priced speakers such as the Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2, Paradigm Monitor SE Atom, Wharfedale Diamond 12.1, and Kef 150. I have not listened to any speakers yet at the price point. Any comments?

mjs

Read this thread of response’s so far..

Why submit your daughter to inevitable audio nervosa ?

get her a Crosley do-it-all box and be done !! 

If you expect placement to be compromised, I suggest avoiding rear ports, and going with concentric drivers so that required distance for driver integration will be less challenging. As obvious as it might be to us here, keeping the speakers at the right height, and yes, not blocked by other furniture, etc., as I've seen way too many times before, is paramount.

I have a pair of ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 in my office run through a Hafler DH-220 (w/Musical Concepts mods) and it sounds anything but torturous.  I had Paradigm Atoms 30 years ago and they were good.  I have Wharfedale Diamond 10.1s as well that I periodically swap the ELACs with just for a change.  They're liquid and their bass is superb for a bookshelf that size.  Wharfedale Dentons have been highly regarded as well.

Frankly I don't think you'd go wrong with either brand for what you're putting together.