PS Audio DS w/Bridge II vs separate streamer/DAC

Thinking of upgrading my current rig (PSAudio PW w/BridgeII) which I use to stream Tidal and Qobuz using Roon.  I think the system sounds wonderful, but it is an older technology and have been thinking of upgrading to the Directstream for a while.  I realize it’s been discontinued but I don’t need the latest and greatest, nor do I want to spend the money for one.

But I recently got to looking at separates and am thinking of maybe going with something like a Denafrips Pontus II and a Lumin Mini U1 which, pricewise, would be in the ballpark of a used Directstream.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

128x128audiodwebe

I have had a direct comparison of my PS Senior and a Denafrips Terminator 2 DAC in my own system. Maybe I am just biased but I much preferred my Directstream as the music from it seemed more organic and ( I hate this word ) Analogue. The Terminator was by comparison dry and a bit too bright for me and it wasn't long before I just wanted it out of my system as I just wasn't enjoying the music. So it wasn't a great hit for me but, I really think you are going to have to listen to one of those players for yourself.

Not to mention all the remote features. The bridge doe not do USB storage so I could not be less interested.