Suggest your most desired MSRP $1,500-$3,000 Stand Mount for a Shootout.

We are gathering a list of eight speakers to compare in two live events in

June 2022. Post covid we hope!

Trying to gather models which are not readily available for audition.

Please submit your One suggestion here. 

I will begin with my One -KLH Model 5. MRSP $2,000.

Thanks for the help!

chorus

@chorus 

actually 4, including my "garage" speakers

#1 my 25 year old Celestion 5s

#2 my 20 year old Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble III

#3 Dynaudio Evoke 10 (new)

#4 Totem Sky (new)

these were all somewhat or significantly cheaper than the LSAs and they were all way more musical and forward than the LSA. I couldn't believe how dull they were. 

Someone from Underwood HiFi reached out to me to address my concerns. I responded and I never heard back. It's such a typical and sad customer treatment, band-aid over the complaint and not the issue. 

@chorus , I’d be really curious how the  CSS Criton 1TD-X speaker kit would stack up.  They’ve been getting a few pretty good reviews.  You could do the fully upgraded kit with a baltic birch flat pack for $1400.  It looks like a beginner can easily assemble everything in a few hours.

I really recommend the Dynaudio Confidence C1's in that price range (used). They are unbelievably dynamic and musical and in the right setup, you would be fooled into thinking they were decent sized floor standers. They like power so amp matching would be key!

I'm trying to get a hold of the Reynaud Bliss Jubileé to try (I've contacted Bob Neill), but I am interested in checking out the Fyne 500SP. Anyone here with actual experience with them? 

My amplification is the Pathos Classic Remix (70wpc/8 ohms), a tube hybrid. I'll be replacing my Castle Eden speakers (which have a beguiling midrange).

I have been hoping to even find another working pair of the Edens, or find one with perhaps damaged tweeters but the woofers are fine.