KEF Blade 2

HI everyone - 

I may have a chance to audition a pair of KEF Blade 2 speakers.

Does anyone have any experience or comments about these?

I'm not really familiar with the KEF sound and currently have a pair of B&W 802D (first diamond generation)

Thanks in advance.....

onehorsepony

Odds are if you've had the 802d's awhile you're used to their tonal balance changing brands will probably sound off regardless of the brand.

That is total bullcrap.  I’ve listened to B&Ws and Joseph Audio speakers in the same system, and the B&Ws sound broken next to the JAs.  It’s not even close.  My guess is B&W don’t know how to design a crossover, but that’s just my guess cause the rest of their parts are great.  Once you hear JA speakers you’d NEVER buy B&W.  Just my personal experience. 

soix, I'm not suggesting the b&w are better than anything. I'm sayin' if he liked them enough to buy them and owm em for awhile their sound has become his benchmark and more natural sounding speakers will probably sound dull or just a little off to him. 

soix, I'm not suggesting the b&w are better than anything. I'm sayin' if he liked them enough to buy them and owm em for awhile their sound has become his benchmark and more natural sounding speakers will probably sound dull or just a little off to him. 

soix... let me guess you like JA speakers? good for you. the OP asked about kef blade 2 as a replacement to his B&W's. It's no secret b&w tweaks their speakers to sound brighter/more exciting than brands that try for flat in room response. 

Your reply might matter if he was asking about a couple speakers he didn't know about, but this gent owns the 802's and you've gotten up on your high horse and started slamming them. nice.

I’ve heard Blade2’s sound harsh and boring and engaging and sweet… they’re definitely neutral but they do require really good equipment to deliver.

Best was Luxman M900’s with 509 being a close second. It seems like the Blade2’s are a better match with slightly sweeter amplification