Eva Cassiday Blew Me Away with her cover of Wayfaring Stranger....

It caught me by surprise to have my eyes already closed (because of work stress), sitting at my desk with a glass of bourbon.  I was cleaning junk up and Wayfaring Stranger comes on by Eva Cassiday, and I had no idea for a moment who was singing the song.  I was just listening without active listening. 

Well, I was grooving to her movements on this and I thought her tone was big, warm and bold with gobs and gobs of soul.  Wow.  It woke me up from some stress to experience a moment.  That's pretty great.  

Is Eva Cassidy worth a deeper dive?  I'm only superficially familiar with her and find her talented, if not a touch easy listening at times.  I can dig that.  Is her catalog diverse in sound scape and production? 

At any rate, what a version of Wayfaring Stranger, and it just so happens to be a  superb recording to boot!

128x128jbhiller

Eva...Just carries me away!. whart, are you the same Bill Hart who plays regularly at The Velvet Note in Atlanta? Feels good to have you listening as well as playing so well.

A little off topic..but it's just a shame that Eva's melanoma had progressed to the point where it was fatal.  Like many cancers, Melanoma is very treatable and survivable  if caught in time.  It's important  to get a regular dermatologist exam--Annually,  beginning in your mid 20s is generally recommended.  Because of Covid, I put off a derm exam last year but finally did it on an impulse. A large melanoma was discovered. It required outpatient surgery but was totally removed.I thought of Eva while going through this and hope this lesson isn't lost on others.

@wolverine1 , Thank you for veering a bit off topic! You are correct. I have skipped a few years and need to go in with my Irish-English pale skin. 

I'm guilty of giving her not enough attention before.  That is my mistake and my loss.  Wow. She was a natural talent.  

I play music but am only average.  I can learn a lot of stuff with hard and focused practicing.  I've learned to sing way better than I should be able to.  There's no way on earth I could ever even hit notes with body that she does and still mean it.  I'm bowing down in appreciation.  I wish she lived for my selfish love of music.  Thank you Eva Cassidy.