Speakers for daughter

I was going to buy powered small speakers for my daughter's first sound system to go with A Project Debut Carbon Evolution but now she seems ok to accept an integrated amplifier from me to power speakers. Thinking about the Elac UNI-FI UB 51 or ELAC Uni-FI Slim B5 U5 after researching similar priced speakers such as the Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2, Paradigm Monitor SE Atom, Wharfedale Diamond 12.1, and Kef 150. I have not listened to any speakers yet at the price point. Any comments?

mjs

I bought a pair of Monitor Audio GS 10's and then sold them to a friend who owns a Rega amp, Rega CD player, Clearaudio, etc... Anyway, he's content as the GS 10's paired up beautifully after adding a good pair of jumper cables. The Monitor Audio's could last your daughter even if she were to upgrade years from now.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165297261770?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5337478673&toolid=10001&customid=5b61b80e-7d98-11ec-b1e6-363261323532

There's a used pair of Revel Concerta F12 towers here on Agon for $300 that could work well, but they are rear ported

I concur with Monitor Audio too!

"Bose shouldn’t even be mentioned on this site!"

wow :)

Just got my daughter wharfedale 12.1’s with an NAD 3020 amp and a teac 3b turntable, also streaming from a hifiberry. Sounds great!  Thrilled that she listens and loves vinyl. 

Since you’re buying for someone who is likely not (yet?) an audiophile, I’d suggest paying attention to aesthetics and also look for something that’s less likely to be finicky about placement (since most people put their speakers up against back walls and directly on cabinets, etc) unless you know the location she’s placing them will leave room to breath. Front-ported has been less finicky for me. As for the look, that’s going to depend on her personal style but there’s a big difference in the look of Elac, KefQ150, wharfedale, etc…Knowing they’re all better than most non-audiophiles listen to, I’d try to match the style of her room.

Loving the look of your system helps a lot when you’re new to the hobby and best to not have something she doesn’t like looking at in her room.