Maggie owners -- Mye or Magna Riser stands

just thought i would poll the maggie owners on here, which are many, to see if you have either of these for your pair, and how/why you chose.

looks to me that the mye’s maintain stock height but are more substantial for stiffening the speaker and floor coupling, where as the magna-risers do less of that (but still better than the wimpy stock feet) but they do raise the speaker off the floor for a sonic benefit

would love to hear a discussion on the pros/cons of each (or third alternative, if there is one...) -- thanks in advance for any input

ps - i currently am enjoying a pair of 1.7i's but may move to 3.7i's

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjjss49

Pick the one you like but sonically not that big of a difference. Turning the loudspeaker 1/4 inch makes a bigger change. The biggest improvement they make is on the smaller panels that get the tweeter level up a little higher. On the big panels (1.7 and up) it’s not needed but like you already know they are more sturdy.

P.S. Get the 3.7s they are a step up from the 1.7s, you will not be disappointed. 

thanks @russ69

i want to make sure your confidence in the 1.7 to 3.7 upgrade applies to the current ’i’ models... some say the improvement is quite room size specific and marginal in the case of 1.7i to 3.7i, whereas it was more of a clear upgrade in the earlier ’non-i’ versions

i find the 1.7i loads my room exceptional well in the bass and mids, i have already put alot of work into find the proper setup/toe in

Magna risers do not brace the sides of the Magnepan 1.7i.  Vander Mye stands do.

Sound Anchors also makes after market stands for Magnepan.