Laser Projector

Hi folks, 

I'm looking for a Laser Projector for a Home-theater dedicated room of 16' wide by 20' deep with 9' ceiling to shoot the image on a 195" 16:9 woven acoustic transparent screen.

Budget over 10K

Native 4K

Triple Laser

Your though?

Thank you. 

128x128martin_leger

kieranc is just being funny with his comment.

Pretty much all the "laser" projectors I have seen are intended for short throw scenarios (where the projector is mounted extremely close to the screen.  This requires a special screen with angled ridges for deep angle reflection.  These short throw projectors would not work with your woven acoustic screen.

It's only $6k, but the Optoma UHZ65LV has a normal throw ratio and a very large 5,000 lumens.  Or move up to the $21k Optoma ZK750, but that is likely overkill.

If "laser projector" is a hard requirement, I'm not sure if you will find what you're looking for.  If you can do a normal bulb projector, I would look at some of the higher end Sony items, such as VW715ES or VW915ES for awsome images.

The Optoma UHZ65 is a very good projector but the LV doesn't have great reviews... 

I'm not a big fan of Sony product...

Would probably look for the ZK750

Let's wait for more choices... 

Thank you. 

I went through product training for Magnolia, and their geeky types — the guys who actually understand the tech and know what the hell they’re talking about — held Sony projectors, and TVs, in very high regard. I wouldn’t buy any other Sony products myself, but in the video world they seem to be quite good. Their processing technology, in particular, is a step above. FWIW.