Puritan Audio Labs GroundMaster CITY & RouteMaster grounding system

My review on the Puritan Audio Labs GroundMaster CITY and RouteMaster grounding system has just gone up on the Stereo Times website. For all the details how this complete system for less then a $1000 can dramatically improve your system, take a look at the review. This grounding system is one of the greatest bargains in HiFi. Nordost makes a star grounding device that is no better in its influence on a system, quite good indeed, but charges over $5000, compared to the Puritan Audio Labs system's reasonable pricing.

Terry London/Teajay

amorstereo

I guess my concern with a separate ground rod is the potential for 2 different ground systems during a lightning strike.

ozzy

Please note the title of the thread. This is the CITY grounding system which is offered specifically for those who cannot provide for a rod to be installed (as per Puritan's website).

Thanks for that needed correction.

So, has anyone tried or compared the city version, other than the author?

ozzy

I have two Groundmaster City units.  One, for signal grounding, is connected to unused rca plugs on my Pathos TT RR integrated, and Modwright Marantz SA8005 sacd player.  It replaced a Gutwire Perfect Ground cable on the Pathos amp, which provided a subtle reduction in noise/increase in articulation and musicality.  I tried to use a 2nd Gutwire grounding cable on the sacd player but it must have created a ground loop because I gut hum.  Just comparing the Groundmaster City with the Gutwire cable on the amp, the Groundmaster unit is about 40% better.  And connecting a Groundmaster City to both amp and player at the same time created no hum or other issues, and surprised me with the resulting improvement in sound quality.  My system had no obvious noise or electronic artifacts to begin with, but with source and amp connected to the Groundmaster city the sound was noticeably more relaxed,  natural, and articulate.  My 2nd Groundmaster City is for chassis grounding.  It will be connected to casework screws on my Bybee Stealth Power Purifier and Modwright PS 9.0 power supply, once I receive the cables I ordered for this purpose.