Anyone own Linear Tube Audio Amps?

I am considering  buying an new LTA 40 Integrated amp. MSRP $7,650. 45 wpc.

I was considering the new ARC I-50 but now think this product may suit me better.

My speakers are Tannoy -94 Sensitivity and Fritz-87 Sensitivity. They both are fine

with my current Pass Labs INT25. 

The room is medium sized. I listen at quite low levels 60-70 db. Jazz & vocal mostly.

My thinking is that I will still get good detail but ad the warmth of tubes.

LTA gives a 14 day trial so I can a/b them with the Pass.

I checked the archives and nothing there of help.

Love to hear from any LTA fans.

chorus

i have the current f/r lta zotl40 ref power amp, running various el34’s, i also have several arc power amps (ref110, ref75, and so on) but not an i-50

i would venture to say that my guess is that the i-50 will give a somewhat more overtly tubey sound signature than the zotl - which, because it does not have standard output transformers between the power tubes and the speaker load, has almost a solid state like degree of clarity, speed and frequency extension (but with better imaging, and more delicacy around voices) - also its el34 power tubes would have a touch more finesse than the 6550/kt88’s in the arc unit

neither will have anything near the bass grip of the pass xa25

hope that helps

I have the Ultralinear integrated and it’s fantastic. Great bass articulation and depth, amazing 3D soundstage, clear and extended treble…the works. Can’t think of how it could improve. 

If you are interested in detail at any cost then don’t consider the ARC i50. But if you want beautiful music rendered in natural tone with great detail then get the ARC i50! I have heard the other ARC integrated, they are beautiful… midrange bloom, fully fleshed out and detailed bass. I have a friend who has heard the i50… it is like the higher powered integrated. You will not need more power. The rhythm and pace (musicality) of the ARC is amazing, without loosing the detail.

You can see my prejudice by looking at profile for my systems.

LTA is excellent to work with as well. I bought my MHDT Orchid DAC from them. Nicholas has always answered my questions thoroughly, great customer service.

I recently bought their ZOTL 40 with the NOS Mullard EL34's.  LTA stated that it is their warmest offering, and I would say that it is not warming things much at all.  It's a great integrated, but it needs to pair with a spearker/room set up that works with fairly neutral, articulate, speedy sound.  I'm going to try to find the right speakers to match them for a system, as I'm pretty sure they will be dynamite when matched right.