Audio Research I/50

Does anyone know anything tangible re: the ARC I/50 Integrated, apparently soon to be released?
There are some slick-looking pics on Instagram, and I’ve seen reference to an optional phono stage and DAC, but that’s about it. Will this be their first release post McIntosh Group spin out? 
coys21

i hope that sometime soon there will be a comprehensive review, in a serious magazine/site   about it's sound quality 

I just ordered one for a second system and look forward to providing more clarity on the biasing issue from my AR dealer.

I agree that brands like Linear Tube Audio that provide complete audio bias around this price point would generally be more agreeable to the younger listeners their branding cultivates. Even my truly high-end SA Lab integrated auto-biases its 6550 tubes, and that is meant for experienced listeners. This said, I always liked manually biasing my Octave Audio (great bias readout) and Rogue (less so) tube amps, which should be telling of how others will experience this, as I am under 40 and lack comprehensive experience with the servicing of mechanical gear relative to other fields (i.e., automobile / home repair).

In addition to assessing ease of use and seeing if I can access a service manual, I will report on how the I/50 performs in my second system, using Graham Chartwell LS6 speakers that seem to strike an appropriate price and specification balance with this unit.

@ Transience 

That's great. Let us know how you like the I/50. The Graham LS6 speakers are very nice. My assumption is that the two should be a good match. I agree with you on the Octave amps. They have implemented a unique and easy way for all users to bias the tubes. 

@ Transience

how to your opinion is the Linear Tube Audio soundwise compare to an arc around this price point ?
and what is the reason for this:
"be more agreeable to the younger listeners"

There is no problem in general with manual bias.  To my way of thinking having to turn the unit upside down and taking the bottom off to reach the bias pots is prehistoric.  Even my 40 or 50 year old Dynaco ST70 has the bias adjustments performed from the top of the unit, without exposure to other rather lethal areas of the amp.

Place the multimeter probes on the amp, turn the bias screw to the correct reading, or a little less than the manual recommends as oldhvymec alludes to, and done in 5 seconds.