Audio Research Ref75 se

Hey there! I’m new here :)

I have Vandersteen speakers model 2Ce.

now I came across a solid deal for an ARC ref75se.

sadly I can’t hear them combined, and a friend of mine told me it might wont have enough power to run my Vandys to their best since they are 86dB.

also if it can be a good combo for the vandy sound wise .

any suggestion about that would help, if not I have an other deal for Asthetix Mimas which I heard and was decent.. but I really like Arc and from what I read 75se is a superb amp, and I can get them for the same price.

thanks for the help!

mike30

+++++ Audio Research Preamps… I have been using them for 25 years… really good choice. I found the more Audio Research in the audio chain the closer to the concert hall you get. They are really synergistic.

I’ve heard numerous AR + Vandersteen setups and enjoyed them all. Personally I have VLR CTs powered by a AR VT 80 SE and love it. It is hard to go wrong with AR and Vandersteen.

What size is your room? Also you could get a regular ref75 for way less and pop in kt150’s for 90-95% of the sound quality of the SE version..

Vandy 2Ce and AR Ref75se will be a wonderful pairing of an amp and speaker. Cannot say enough good things about both products and the companies. As noted in a post above, make sure your preamp has XLR/balanced output because 75SE accept only balanced inputs. 2Ce is rated at 7 ohms nominal with 4 ohm minimum. Use 4 ohm taps on 75se and you will be richly rewarded with a truly musical setup that will give you hours and hours of listening pleasures!

For a no bs option the Bryston is a solid choice. Ensure the original box and receipt of purchase are included. The 20 year warranty is very nice. Bryston also offers the trade up program. Trade up on any 4b amp for the latest and greatest and they credit a very handsome amount.