Audio Research Ref75 se

Hey there! I’m new here :)

I have Vandersteen speakers model 2Ce.

now I came across a solid deal for an ARC ref75se.

sadly I can’t hear them combined, and a friend of mine told me it might wont have enough power to run my Vandys to their best since they are 86dB.

also if it can be a good combo for the vandy sound wise .

any suggestion about that would help, if not I have an other deal for Asthetix Mimas which I heard and was decent.. but I really like Arc and from what I read 75se is a superb amp, and I can get them for the same price.

thanks for the help!

mike30

+++++ Audio Research Preamps… I have been using them for 25 years… really good choice. I found the more Audio Research in the audio chain the closer to the concert hall you get. They are really synergistic.

I’ve heard numerous AR + Vandersteen setups and enjoyed them all. Personally I have VLR CTs powered by a AR VT 80 SE and love it. It is hard to go wrong with AR and Vandersteen.

What size is your room? Also you could get a regular ref75 for way less and pop in kt150’s for 90-95% of the sound quality of the SE version..

Vandy 2Ce and AR Ref75se will be a wonderful pairing of an amp and speaker. Cannot say enough good things about both products and the companies. As noted in a post above, make sure your preamp has XLR/balanced output because 75SE accept only balanced inputs. 2Ce is rated at 7 ohms nominal with 4 ohm minimum. Use 4 ohm taps on 75se and you will be richly rewarded with a truly musical setup that will give you hours and hours of listening pleasures!