Off the Grid Listening-HELP!

In the next year, I am going to have to move my dedicated listening room to being off-the-grid. I would love to hear from anybody with experience in this area.I am just in the beginnings of doing research, but if anyone can accelerate this process I would appreciate it. I would need to power my turntable, a phono pre, tube pre amp, tube mono blocks and a couple of class D sub amps. I know that I need a pure sine wave inverter (how big, what brand?) and a couple of deep cycle batteries. Is there any easy way to calculate the size of the inverter and batteries needed? 12 or 24 volt system? Would something like a PS Audio regenerator be helpful too? This would only best used about 8 hours per week in four hour sessions. Thank you!

mterle

Tubes draw a lot of power. It might  be less expensive to use SS and even better energy wise digital amp. There are formulas on line to calculate your power requirements.

Good luck with that

I have an off grid house and run my stereo easily off it. With that that said I was careful in choosing the electronics such that it all uses maybe 50 watts when running. But that figure is highly dependent on your gear and it could easily be 300 watts which is a huge difference in terms of load and the required gear. First thing is to compute the power you need with current gear and take things from there. Search for “clamp meter” and if that is too complicated best to hire someone. 

In my off grid setup I am using a class D integrated amp, topping DAC, bluesound node and average efficiency speakers. The house is off grid but if just the stereo you need to figure out what size batteries, inverter, and panel to get. 

Class D will be your friend.

You're going to need to consult a professional power integrator, I would think.