What a pile of Schiit

Sorry, most of us just can’t resist.

So I was looking at the Schiit Asgard and wanted it with a phono card. The web site does not provide the phono option on the drop down even though the owners manual clearly states this is an option. The only way to get it is to order it separately . When you do that, not only does it cost more but it voids the return policy even though Schiit installed it! Now if I ordered the phono card separately, and did a self install, I could return it. But, here again, you are not given an option on the site of purchasing it that way. Note the other preamps have drop downs that allow the option of factory or self installation of these cards at $50 savings either way. Insane.

So I emailed Schiit and Laura dogmatically states there is nothing that can be done, that’s the way it is.

Anyone else had similar experience with this company?

Has anyone listened to this phono card option on any of their modular headphone amps?

corelli

Couple years ago, I ordered a Freya+, Aiger and a few sundry items directly from the Schiit website . After waiting a few weeks, I called to find out where my stuff was and when it would arrive...Schiit cancelled my order. They thought I was Not A Legitimate Customer, this while the entire purchase had been fully charged to my Visa for about 3 weeks. The telephone conversation got worse from there... nothing they could do...they could not give a reason...no, I could not speak to anyone else there...they could credit my account... I could re-purchase the items again but regrettably... Schiit was out of stock and I would have to wait a few more Months... but only if I changed the Deliver To Address...What??? My position was, SCHIIT is Not a Legitimate Business.

Needless to say... I moved on, investing three times as much money on something else and have never looked back. The whole experience has resulted in me getting a FAR SUPERIOR nucleus for my main system and ZERO F____s given for Schiit and their business.

I am sure they make fine equipment but...I am Much Happier with my purchase of Real Tube Equipment.

The look down the nose snobs are abundant in this thread. I've had good service from them and the equipment of theirs I've used has been great. Currently using a Lyr 3 with the multibit card to drive Audeze LCD-3s and the combination is very good. 

I wonder how many people making negative statements have even heard their stuff? Also, if you equate cost with quality, you're ignorant. I don't recall the company but many years ago a well known, higher end audio company, literally put their case and name on some other company's component and charged a lot more for it. According to people like some here, it was a better sounding and better quality item and they would have likely sworn it was when listening to it.

@ericsh Modi 3+, SYS, Aegir and Vidar. The Sys works well. The Modi 3+ is neutral, but I no better than my cheap DAC from 2004. The Aegir and Vidar have massive quality control issues. The Zen is a huge improvement over the Aegir. The Vidar is mid-fi (at best) and I greatly question its power rating. It's THD is ridiculous above 85db.

Overall, I'm just not impressed. Schiit would be a great product for Circuit City and Schiit in my opinion it is the most over-hyped audio brand available right now.

I ordered the Freya+ and Loki late 2020. Took a while, covid, etc., understand. Responsive customer service,  answered numerous questions, VERY satisfied with both. Will likely get amp and dac in the future from them.

Since we are talking Schitt here. I am thinking about buying the Loki mini plus. MY purpose is to soften, recess, and in essence, give my sound a little more meat around it class D bones. Can an EQ do those things?

quincy noted above that it produces hum in his set up is that a common problem of the Loki?  That would be a deal breaker as I want it to be low-key.  Thanks