What a pile of Schiit

Sorry, most of us just can’t resist.

So I was looking at the Schiit Asgard and wanted it with a phono card. The web site does not provide the phono option on the drop down even though the owners manual clearly states this is an option. The only way to get it is to order it separately . When you do that, not only does it cost more but it voids the return policy even though Schiit installed it! Now if I ordered the phono card separately, and did a self install, I could return it. But, here again, you are not given an option on the site of purchasing it that way. Note the other preamps have drop downs that allow the option of factory or self installation of these cards at $50 savings either way. Insane.

So I emailed Schiit and Laura dogmatically states there is nothing that can be done, that’s the way it is.

Anyone else had similar experience with this company?

Has anyone listened to this phono card option on any of their modular headphone amps?

corelli

They play by their own rules.

Customer is nothing to them.

I will never buy the stuff again.

Too bad as it is a good value and made in USA.

If I say anymore they will pull this post 

like the last one. 

I have 2 Aegir amifiers, the Gungnir DAC and the Freya pre amifier. One Aegir had a problem, I had purchased it from someone else so it was technically out of warranty so I was planning on paying for the repair. They sent me a new one no questions asked.

I love the products and they 100% stand behind them. I am sure they want to fix your problem... give them a chance.

It's like things you buy at Walmart or Target - it's good for what you're paying.

Couple years ago, I ordered a Freya+, Aiger and a few sundry items directly from the Schiit website . After waiting a few weeks, I called to find out where my stuff was and when it would arrive...Schiit cancelled my order. They thought I was Not A Legitimate Customer, this while the entire purchase had been fully charged to my Visa for about 3 weeks. The telephone conversation got worse from there... nothing they could do...they could not give a reason...no, I could not speak to anyone else there...they could credit my account... I could re-purchase the items again but regrettably... Schiit was out of stock and I would have to wait a few more Months... but only if I changed the Deliver To Address...What??? My position was, SCHIIT is Not a Legitimate Business.

Needless to say... I moved on, investing three times as much money on something else and have never looked back. The whole experience has resulted in me getting a FAR SUPERIOR nucleus for my main system and ZERO F____s given for Schiit and their business.

I am sure they make fine equipment but...I am Much Happier with my purchase of Real Tube Equipment.