REL B3 connecting to Linn Klimax Solo help...

Hi All,

I cannot get any output using a 20hz tone on my demo REL B3. Its connected to the High Level unbalanced input with the earth going to my Source ground plug and the RED wire to my Right Positive Monoblock and the Left wure to my Left Positive Monoblock

The amplifiers are Linns Klimax Solo 500. Can anyone assist in determing the right way to connect this in a 2channel system only?

My Linn pre, source and monoblocks all used balanced cables.

Thanks
128x128dastrix
Oh, how can I determine using a multi if its connected to circuit ground?? Ive never used one before.
The manual for the multimeter should explain how to set it to measure resistance. If it is the kind of meter that requires a particular resistance range or scale to be selected manually, set it to R x 1, so that the reading corresponds to ohms (as opposed to tens or thousands of ohms). There may be a knob on the meter called "ohms adjust" or similar. If there is, touch the two leads of the meter together and adjust that knob until the meter reads zero ohms.

Disconnect all interconnects and the power cord from the preamp, as I had indicated. Then measure the resistance between the ground sleeve (the outer part) of any RCA jack on the preamp and the "earth ground" binding post or terminal, if there is one. If there isn't one, measure the resistance between the ground sleeve of any RCA jack and a screw or any other exposed metal on the chassis.

To measure the resistance between two points you touch one of the meter's leads to one point while touching the other lead to the other point. If the measurement is zero ohms, or a very small fraction of 1 ohm, it means those points are connected directly together, and you can use the binding post or chassis screw to connect the sub's ground wire. If the measurement is not zero or a small fraction or an ohm, use the RCA plug approach I described.

Regards,
-- Al
Al, you're right it appears. I spoke to REL today who said the issue is a grounding one.

They sell a special cable for Class D power supplies (switch mode) to combat this problem.

It would appear, you're right in that the chassis ground is not common with the circuit.

So, back to the earth wire onto a RCA plug, are you sure that the RCA plug MUST be ground to the circuit????

If so, could I chop off a rca plug from a unused rca cable I have and solder this up?

IM going to measure it as you said now and see what occurs.
So I measured it, using a RCA plug outer and a chassis screw the result is 0. Does this mean I can use the earth wire to a chassis screw ?