I'm confused - Different music...different speakers?

Thanks for allowing me this exploration. I've been on Audiogon before and find myself here for a very different reason this time.
I do believe my system is well resolving and will define gear at the end
Yet I keep getting steered to music genre based on sound.
What I mean by this is simple.
I can't seem to listen to old rock n roll favorites anymore.
There are albums I know from the past inside out and upside down - one example: The Allman Brother's at Fillmore East. I can mostly play every bit of this on guitar. I own three good copies on vinyl and can stream it at hi-res on Qobuz.
There are two drummers and Berry Oakley on bass- no slouch. Duane on slide...etc. An Epic and dynamic album
I can't listen to it - the metal tweeters are just aggravating. And what I remember from the bass and percussion is slam from the very opening to the end - it's not here.
What is going on here?
Gear is as follows:
Analogue side is a Nottingham Space 294, 12" Ace arm, Lyra Delos Cart and an EAR 834 MM/MC phono stage
Digital is an Antelope Zodiac plus with Voltikus power supply
All good and better cables
Totem Hawk floor standers
Amp is a Rogue Cronus w/ KT120 output tubes
Play Bill Evans or Bach ....and I can watch the paint melt off the walls and love every second of it......
I'm at a loss and thanks

smaarch1

@ghdprentice looking forward to experimenting with the REL
@georgeab this is also my memory - epic recording and alas....my system doesn't do it justice
@asiaaudiosoc interesting and I suppose that is my first post and my "confusion"
Maybe it's super simple in this way: If I want to here a piano in a cafe - that is the volume I should be listening at, no more and no less.
If I want to listen to a band in Madison Square Garden, I think it is clear the db's need to go up. And the reverse is true
I remember seeing Joni Mitchell as the kick off for a Bob Dylan concert in MSG back in the 1990's...it was rather sad. As great as she is, her solo voice just wasn't enough to fill and vibrate the space...it all felt lost.
Maybe I'll buy a pair of headphones for the Rock n roll stuff......
Thanks again Everyone

Did anyone mention speaker positioning/room acoustics? 

A lack of “slam” may be related to a dip in response around those frequencies. Plenty of financially reasonable methods to measure what you are hearing. 

Oh I've been playing with speaker positioning alright. I just last night moved them closer to the front wall (2 feet instead of 3 feet). The bass response is improved. My listening space (my Living Room) looks across the Hudson River and the Palisades...so yes we are unapologetically making compromises regarding room treatment.

@snaarch1 Thought I’d go from another approach. What is your room size? Untreated? Lot’s of hard surfaces? High/low ceiling?

If so, I would look into that as well as a possible source of the high frequency issues. Perhaps a DSP solution?

Understandable the constraint on room treatments but you’d be surprised at what’s out there that my actually work aesthetically.

Also, what’s the budget? Any constraints on placement that would affect your mains and/or sub(s?)

btw. happy to hear you enjoyed the results of your speaker positioning.

Thanks @hleeid. To answer your question the space is 14' wide by 28' long, roughly half living room and half dining room the Totem's fire down the long axis....after rearranging everything. It was not this way before and this is a big improvement. Ceilings are a standard American 8' NY condo ceiling height. Construction is a plus - floor  and ceiling slabs are concrete, as are demising walls. Floor is a floating hardwood floor over concrete. Ceiling is concrete (stippled). Speaker positioning....jury is still out but I've played with the position a lot. I had settled on the method describe by the Sumoku guide and was very pleased. Placing them closer to the front wall has added some bass but I've had them here before and I'm not sure I like the overall presentation. And here is way I think this.... The front wall is glass.....I know and am venturing a guess this has a lot to do with what I'm hearing.
so I think in many ways you and @kingdeezie  get to the heart of the matter no matter what speakers end up here. Budget? I'd like to retire one of these days and stop investing in stereo gear. LOL
Thanks