Best Option To Liquidate CD Collection

The process to rip my cd collection to hard drives is almost
complete. Now I want to sell the entire collection of appx.
800 discs. A nice mix of genres, some originals, some remasters, a few box sets, some with dvds
Has anyone had good success doing this in bulk? Of course
pricing is always the sticking point.
Amazon apparently has a plan to warehouse the discs and ship for you. Anyone tried that?
128x128blueskiespbd
But Czarivey, I don't have much money...

Zd542, have you read the entire thread?
Onhwy61, I don't think you're reading at all all. I didn't ask for any money.
OK Ladies calm down. I didn't mean to start a pissing contest
on who has the biggest disc....well you know what I mean.
I am just trying to solve a problem here but don't want to hire an attorney to sell my pile of plastic.
Ok lawyers...this is where you move in from the shadows.....

IANAL, but the situation is really pretty simple: it's perfectly legal to sell a CD you own, and it's perfectly legal to rip a CD that you own to your hard drive. However, if you choose to sell a CD that you've copied, it is NOT legal to retain the copy.

A CD is a physical object, but when you purchase a CD, you acquire not just a physical copy of the music, but also a license for the personal use of that music. Purchasing a CD does not, for example, allow you to use that music for the soundtrack of a commercial motion picture. That is a use not covered by the license.

If you decide to sell your CD, you sell not only the silver disk, but the personal use license that goes with it. Any copies you retain are no longer licensed, or in other words, are illegal.

Unless, of course, you are unlucky enough that the RIAA decides to make an example of you and sue you for every penny you're worth, the chances of getting caught are pretty slim. But to argue that this practice is anything but illegal, immoral and unethical is simply a self-serving rationalization.
-
At last, an answer to the original question that I understand and makes perfect sense. Thank you REL.