Improvement of MacBook Air for Streaming Tidal

OK, admittedly I am a bit ignorant on streaming digital. My analogue gear and knowhow is up to par, but digital...not quite. When not listening to vinyl, for ease of use I usually stream Tidal via my MacBook Air to a DAC (Hegel HD30), then to a preamp(Aric Audio Motherlode) then to amp(Coda Model 16) to speakers(TAD CE1’s). I like how easy it is to navigate my Tidal account and library via the MacBook, but I am also smart enough(I believe) to know that I am losing a lot of the fidelity having to use the USB port out of my laptop.

I ask my audio brethren, what are reasonably priced solutions to raise my digital methodologies so that I get the most out of Tidal?

I thank you in advance for your assistance!

laaudionut
Post removed 

The one recommendation I have is ditch Tidal for Qobuz better sound quality. On the streamer front don't forget to consider the control app that's a big part of it.

A dedicated streamer is the best solution but for those who can’t justify the endless $$$ pit I have had very nice success using a MacBook Pro with Amarra software, Tidal Hi Res, an Audioquest jitterbug connected into my laptop with a quality OCC usb cable into my DAC.  Sounds better than my CD and my vinyl.  Granted my vinyl system isn’t top end.  Good luck with you quest.

OP

Keep in mind that streamers are networking computers in audio component 

casework.  The OS and the parts have been optimized for music replay.  Therefore a PC can do everything that a dedicated streamer can do.  Programs like Audirvana are designed to maximize the music streaming functionality of a PC.

I’ve done both.  I definitely prefer dedicated streamers and own several for my 3 systems in my home but it is possible to achieve good sound with a PC.  No one “needs” a streamer.  It’s a choice