What are you tweaking this weekend?

For me I'm installing new commercial grade outlets and making a new pair of XLR cables.

erik_squires

I'm tweaking the setup of a beautiful refurbished Sota Sapphire turntable and Hana ML cartridge a very good friend sold to me. He's a member here. I'm having way too much fun!

SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!

What most people ignore about SMALL room acoustic is that any change that affect the listening regular position affect also ALWAYS the nearfield position in my case 3 feet from the speakers....

I learned from my experience that the most easy to control room are small one like mine , 13 feet square, 6 feet 1/2 which claim many people will contradict even some acoustician...The room is hard to control at first yes they are right, but at the end give the better S.Q. for my 2 positions...In a room the double of it it will not be so easy for 2 listening positions at all..

Another supposed fact debunked by experience, square room are bad yes, but you can cure them and even take advantage of this...the bass for example of my 7 inches speakers drivers Mission Cyrus move my body and almost the wall IN A 13 FEET SQUARE ROOM...I disconnected my only Kreisel woofer long ago...

Acoustic is the sleeping princess, the pieces of gear are only the seven dwarves...

Kiss the princess not the dwarves.... 😁😊

Dont listen your amplifier, listen to the room..... 😁😊

Am i the only one who understand acoustic WITH HIS EARS and dont give a damn about an upgrade at any price? No it seems audiotweak know that also , he is the only one that give me an idea....And the OP yes if i remember his posts...

I made my last upgrade this evening with empty paper rolls...

Think about that...

Some Idiot which had never read about acoustic mocked me many times and i decided never to post photos again.... And when this someone give me a "tin foil hat" the same sheep consumer dream probably about 100,000 dollars amplifier..

This world is crazy because freedom is ignored and knowledge too....

Knowledge is not science and no, science is not technology....

Round about tweak

First, when feasible, I take the covers off my gear, as with my Voyager GaN350 and (and my EVS 1200 before it) and my Oppo 105. I also have/had a Marantz HD CD-1, used as a transport. It started making scratching sounds, so I opened it up which included taking the cosmetic side panels off to get the top off (much like a chinese puzzle). Anyway, I was unable to solve the problem, as it needs a complete new drive mechanism ($150 + shipping, so bye bye), BUT, when I put it back in although I didn't fix it, it sounded like a much better transport, stunningly so. YMMV, but if you have a HD CD-1 I highly recommend stripping it down 

On a positive note, I am replacing it with a virtually new Audiolab CDT 6000