Other factors affecting sound

I'm building a dedicated room in my basement and was wondering if I should care about in wall electrical wiring and Receptacles. Do these generally make a big difference. I assume anything should be better than builders quality material. Are there any specific recommendations? What about whole house surge protection? Also, I have an option to install a second electrical box, is this helpful? I have a 5000sq ft house in suburban area with very few houses near me. I have clean and stable power. Recommendations appreciated. 

ei001h

I have a few household outlets either side of my equipment rack, accessible without moving anything, for table lamps, plug in tube tester, test a piece before I re-arrange ....

system: single 15 amp circuit at rack, plug furman into it, plug all devices into furman. the load is only the source, preamp, amp, not everything at once. also, the furman's capacitors fill up, they handle the instant peaks not the line per se.

Post removed 

@holmz:

I swear plaster walls sound better than drywall.

Most definitely, though they are rare today. I was raised in a New England house with lath, horsehair, and plaster walls, and you can tell the difference just walking into the room. The random thicknesses of the plaster (and maybe the horsehair) reduce resonances, I guess. Wallboard is just a huge drumhead.

When having my own room built, I used QuietRock and kept an eagle eye on the sheetrock workers, who wouldn’t have followed all the specialized installation techniques (as specified by the manufacturer) without being pushed a little. They weren’t lazy; they just didn’t know.

220/240 sub panel, and # 12 copper romex for the 120vac receptacles. I use 125vac copper hubbarts. 

The thing I don't like about # 12 is roughing in all the pigtails. The best of days twisting wire nuts leave me crippled for a week. Not the good old days after 49 years of pulling wrenches. 15 minutes 3 sometimes 4 times a day, from 10-16 hour days for 49 years.

I don't use the basement or attic for sound but both have subs/220/240 and # 12/3/g copper romex. There are 125/25 amp outlets every 4 feet. I can add 220/240 to any outlet the wire is in there or split the two each having both L1 and L2 from the main in the box. L1 is always the left side of the room L2 is the right side. I don't mix the two. It can cause noise.

Regards

Hubbel receptacles look decent, not sure what Industrial vs. Hospital grade is. On amazon you can get them quite cheap, $20-40.