How important Is shielding with RCA wires? (Ethan Winer, new video)

Mr. Winer is out with a new video. FYI.

128x128hilde45

@audio-union Thanks for your informative post. What would your definition of "real science" be? How would you put that into words? Asking seriously, not snarkily.

Am currently reading a classic in the history of science, The Edge of Objectivity (1960) and wonder how you’d articulate real science.

Nothing's important, until it is. 

Someone explain to me: Balanced makes sense, backstage, long runs, ... to prevent problems.

It is not about 'better', it's 'prevention'.

And yet, so many say 'balanced SOUNDs better? 

Why, How, certainly not my experience.

If I had a problem, then it would be important.

@hilde45 I checked the book you mentioned, interesting summary. It turns out, finding real science these days is more difficult than ever. It is basically a can of worms and the cards are stacked against you.

If I remember correctly it was Fahrenheit who stated something like "you need a scale and a method of quantizing a point to know something about a subject". That is science in one perspective.

Real science is information I can use you to write equations to find a "solution" to a "question" within a mathematical system. This is using established science. When you do research you may take data points and look for an equation for predicting a "solution surface". When you can find real world solutions within an accuracy of 5% or greater you can be pretty sure it is real science. Once the same solution is duplicated by more researchers then your confidence goes up that you have real science.

The problem in science is mostly related to hypocrisy. The book "Around the World in 80 Days" makes fun of this issue. But here is a real world example: the wrong head was associated with a dinosaur in textbooks for more than a 100 years even thought it was widely known it was the wrong head. It is not uncommon to see real science scoffed at by the science elite and you will see these science elite intentionally misled people including students. Whaaatttt? They will also call you a "flat earther".

This is an example of Democrat and Republican science with a big dose of hypocrisy and intentional lying from Doctor Fauci and crew. Nearly everything regarding Covid you hear or see is inaccurate in oh so many ways inside the United States. Talk to your personal doctor, don't trust the aforementioned ACTORS. As soon as you expand your information source to the rest of the world you have access to more accurate information. BTW, part of my news sources were censored after January 20, 2020 again, a Democrat is in office. This is a problem with people who can not stand free speech, which limits real science. Hmmm

Oddly enough you see exactly the same types of conversations on this forum and others related to audio. Hmmmm However, when I have a user like @stringreen ask for information and @stringreen makes statement like "I find shielding closes in the sound" I know for sure in which direction to advise @stringreen. You need to remember the idea is to enjoy the music and not let science get in the way and I would  advise @stringreen to give a listen to Anticable's products. But I just used my knowledge of science to provide advice to a user which hopefully will increase the pleasures of music. That's the way it ought to be.

@audio-union Thanks for your extended discussion of my question. I had not thought of some of the things you mention regarding Democratic and Republic science. You might enjoy that book. It was recommended to me by the former Chair of Biology at Columbia as a classic discussion of how what is considered "objective science" fluctuated across the periods within the history of science.