Two Sources, One DAC

Hi all, 

Thinking of dusting off my Denon SACD/DVD/CD player.  It's a bit dated, so was thinking would I be better off running it through a more modern DAC?  If I were to do that is there any reason I cannot also run my Node 2i through it also?   I see Schitt has optical, dig coax and USB on a couple of their models, for example.  If this is a good idea, any guidance on which connection to use where?  

Could be a rookie question, if so feel free to let me know.  

Thanks in advance.  

128x128mtbiker29

I have a Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC that has three switchable inputs -- USB plus coax and optical SPDIF. All sound great and I would think an improvement over the built-in DACs in both the Denon and Node. 

I happen to mainly use the USB input but have tried the others and, assuming the source is equivalent, I don't spot any audible difference.

Thank you @mlsstl ​​​​@alexopth1512....confirmed what I figured would be the case.  Are all DAC's selectable as such?  Would really be intrigued to add a tube version to the mix.  

Thanks!  

EW

You can connect as many sources to a DAC as there are available inputs on the DAC. Just select the input for the connected device you want to play, and play away. I have digital coax, toslink optical and USB digital sources connected to my DAC, all at the same time. I just select which DAC input I need, and away I go....

The number and type of inputs on any DAC should be clearly disclosed on the spec sheet for the unit. I'd like to think you could find that on any maker's web site but I suppose some web sites are better than others in this regard.

Post removed