SET Shootout China VS The USA

2A3 SET from china arrives any day now.

The tech who loaned me his UX250 (aka 50 Tube) amp, with a  12AU7 in front + a  6BH7 (??) , has incredible pure Cobalt out trans. ($1k+ each back in 2000, now no longer in production). . he will help me set up the  2A3. 

Has a  AX+AU my 2 fav front tubes anda   quad of 2A3's. 

My speakers are pure neutrality, no coloration, no distortion,. 

So whatever amp/ source you plug in, will register the nuances inherent in the circuit.

Will be very interesting. 

USA has pure cobalt out trans which gives the edge in power, but the china 2A3 has a 2 tubes per channel.

Gonna be interesting and will post a  YT upload with comments,

AFTER TESTING IS COMPLETEED.

Hand on to your horses at the OK Corral. 

Grab a  beer at the saloon, 

sundown shootout at the edge of town. 

mozartfan

I believe that Shuguang and Psvane are two seperate entities with their own seperate manufacturing facilities. Psvane initially derived from Shuguang but is today independent ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not buying

Both big manufacturers New Senson and Shugaung pretty much own the tube industry.

HOWEVER,, take Prima Luna and cayin, both made in Spark plant. Build are both well design, but they are both different. I prefer Cayin. Same in tubes, Gold Lion and EH are both made in New Sensor’s plants. But there is a difference in sound, I found the popular GL’s a bit dull, as did someone on audiokharma. IMHO the Elecrto Harmonix designs are best tubes out of russia. In china, Psvane, LinLasi, Shugauang are all 3 equal, Its what you can afford.

Take Psvane’s ACME 2A3, sure if sounds a nuance superior to LinLai’s E series,

But at a COST, 2x’s the price,

Does my classical music deserve, justify paying 2x’s the price for a tiny nunace more in sonics??

? No it does not,

If I listened only to jazz/blues, yes the ACME’s nuances will come through much cleaner.

. But again its what you can afford.

One issue i have with Psvane is their lack of product info.

B, C, Z , T , E , ACME,

, LinLai does offer some product info on their TI D Dream series, TI coating, and their E series, which is some Nickle plates, carbonized.

Psvane offers nada, Just dif pricing. For this reason I prefer LinLai over Psvane. IMHO LinLai will over take Psvane and put Psvane OOB. btw Psvane’s 12AX7’s that come in that nice boxs, are worthless trash at $75 a pair, China can not make a good sounding AX.AU tube,

They shine in the 6SN7 new high end offering,,but ya gonna pay.

Here is why LL will put OOB Psvane. LinLai lower prices, same quality

someone won a pair of RCA 300B's at $650

when they could have bought LinLai/Psvane's top end tubes.

ohh well. Amazing how legends live on and on ,,,and on.....

Richard says ,, **allow the 80 yr RCA's to warm up, ,,they will come around..**

Not

10 minutes was quite enough

The $30 Psvane's were a  clean, clear winner. 

Shuguang is separate entity from both Psvane and Linlai. Shuguang government entitiy, Psvane and Linlai privately owned. Psvane principals originally with Shuguang, Linlai principals left Psvane.

And the top lines of tubes from Psvane and Linlai are obvious upgrade from lower lines, assuming one's system sufficiently resolving.

assuming one’s system sufficiently resolving ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Someone etch this in stone./ The other day I swqaped out the jadis JS2 DAC for the wonderful wounding Shanling 300 cd player (which i use as a disc drive for the Jadis)), and man, as good as the Shanling sounds, theJadis DAC with Teles/Mundorf caps, JFET class A opamps, was superior.

That aside, if one has smudgy, colored speakers,, it makes no sense whatsoever to invest in high priced 2A3 tubes.

Compltete waste of money.

My speakers are higher sens,  and clearly register any tube roll.

. As you say, Shugang has liscened out its facilities to Psvane and Lin Lai to make their tubes INSIDE Shugaung’s manufacturing tool shop. I prefer LinLai as they actually give a few words why they want $250/pair for the D series and why they want $500 for the E series. I will probably go the extra cost and get the E, as they will out last the Ti coated Dream *D* series, stronger plates = longer life + less chance at a failure. + tiny nuance superior sonics. . My tech completely disagrees/dismisses this theorum, as **baloney**