Need new headphone setup.

I have a speaker oriented system that is very satisfying to me. But because of a need to maintain domestic tranquility I’m looking to go to a less noisy alternative: i..e. headphones.
I want to spend a total of about $1000. So, nothing too fancy. Not the equivalent of my much more expensive speaker system.
What do I need to assemble a headphone system independent of my regular system which is accessible from my listening chair and side table?
I plan on solely streaming. My present system contains a WiFi streamer.
Can that be incorporated, or do I need a new streamer?
I understand that I need a headphone preamp along with the cans.
I know my budget is not too high, but can I get something relatively decent at it?

Currently, I listen though cheap ear buds and stream through an iPad.

128x128rvpiano

Soix,

Thank you

fuzztone,.

As a neophyte here, I’m not sure about closed or open

What should I know about each?

Closed back are more private in that under given circumstances other people cannot hear what you are listening to unless you listen at ear busting volumes. I prefer the open back myself as i find it gives a much airier sound and I can pinpoint the instruments easier on the stage.

As said open headsets usually have better imaging. Most useful in quiet environment, not church as sound leaks out. Closed keeps out external noise.

I have started a headphone rig and am curious about applying eq to them. So far I have a Topping A30 pro amp and a pair of Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee. They are currently connected to the analog out of an Esoteric DV-50s. The 58x could use a bit more upper mids / low treble, a touch more sparkle, and definitely more bass below about 80 hertz. Mid range is pretty good on them. Overall they are very decent, but I would like to tweak them a little. I do not stream music, as I end up with too many dropouts from my internet. What options are out there for adding some eq to them? Is there a reasonably priced (~$500 used) headphone that would appreciably improve on these areas (Hifiman Sundara maybe)? I am willing to try out open or closed back phones. Any input is appreciated.